Din in Jharkhand Assembly over minister`s dismissal
Ranchi: Pandemonium prevailed in Jharkhand Assembly on Thursday when Opposition BJP members sought a reply from the Hemant Soren government on the reason behind the dismissal of a Cabinet minister, leading to adjournment of the proceedings twice.
Party members led by BJP MLA and former deputy Chief Minister Raghuvar Das raised the din demanding to know the reason behind the dismissal of Congress leader Chandra Sekhar Dubey, who held the Rural Development portfolio, before being dismissed yesterday by the Chief Minister.
Other Opposition MLAs also added to the ruckus, squatting and raising slogans in support of the demand for a reply from the chief minister as Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta directed the House cameramen not to record the proceedings.
Adding to the noisy scenes, some JMM MLAs also trooped the Well of the House with a separate demand that they wanted to know what government`s stand on "local policy" as it had promised to bring it during the Budget session.
When the agitating MLAs from both the sides ignored the Speaker`s request to allow the Question Hour, he adjourned the House for half-an-hour.
As the din continued even after resumption of the House, the Speaker asked Finance Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh to table the supplementary budget before the House was adjourned again till 2 pm on the second day of the Budget session.
Soren had dismissed Dubey, apparently for recently levelling corruption charges against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report