Din in Jharkhand Assembly over minister`s dismissal
Ranchi: Pandemonium prevailed in Jharkhand Assembly on Thursday when Opposition BJP members sought a reply from the Hemant Soren government on the reason behind the dismissal of a Cabinet minister, leading to adjournment of the proceedings twice.
Party members led by BJP MLA and former deputy Chief Minister Raghuvar Das raised the din demanding to know the reason behind the dismissal of Congress leader Chandra Sekhar Dubey, who held the Rural Development portfolio, before being dismissed yesterday by the Chief Minister.
Other Opposition MLAs also added to the ruckus, squatting and raising slogans in support of the demand for a reply from the chief minister as Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta directed the House cameramen not to record the proceedings.
Adding to the noisy scenes, some JMM MLAs also trooped the Well of the House with a separate demand that they wanted to know what government`s stand on "local policy" as it had promised to bring it during the Budget session.
When the agitating MLAs from both the sides ignored the Speaker`s request to allow the Question Hour, he adjourned the House for half-an-hour.
As the din continued even after resumption of the House, the Speaker asked Finance Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh to table the supplementary budget before the House was adjourned again till 2 pm on the second day of the Budget session.
Soren had dismissed Dubey, apparently for recently levelling corruption charges against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now