Dipankar Bhattacharyya accuses BJP of doublespeak in Jharkhand
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): BJP`s protest over power crisis entered the fourth day on Thursday even as senior party leader Yashwant Sinha and his supporters did not apply for bail, while CPI (ML-Liberation) accused the saffron party of "doublespeak".
BJP workers continued their agitation in the campus of the Jharkhand State Electricity Board`s (JSEB) Hazaribagh branch office in the town.
Sinha and his supporters were sent to 14 days of judicial custody on Tuesday after they allegedly assaulted General Manager of the Hazaribagh branch of JSEB on Monday in protest against power crisis in Hazaribagh and Ramgarh districts.
Meanwhile, CPI (ML-Liberation)`s national general secretary Dipankar Bhattacharyya condemned BJP`s "doublespeak" following Sinha`s decision to continue in jail.
"The BJP leadership in Delhi had described Arvind Kejriwal going to jail as drama. And now they are protecting Sinha`s (staying in jail)," Bhattacharyya told reporters in Ranchi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!