Dipankar Bhattacharyya accuses BJP of doublespeak in Jharkhand
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): BJP`s protest over power crisis entered the fourth day on Thursday even as senior party leader Yashwant Sinha and his supporters did not apply for bail, while CPI (ML-Liberation) accused the saffron party of "doublespeak".
BJP workers continued their agitation in the campus of the Jharkhand State Electricity Board`s (JSEB) Hazaribagh branch office in the town.
Sinha and his supporters were sent to 14 days of judicial custody on Tuesday after they allegedly assaulted General Manager of the Hazaribagh branch of JSEB on Monday in protest against power crisis in Hazaribagh and Ramgarh districts.
Meanwhile, CPI (ML-Liberation)`s national general secretary Dipankar Bhattacharyya condemned BJP`s "doublespeak" following Sinha`s decision to continue in jail.
"The BJP leadership in Delhi had described Arvind Kejriwal going to jail as drama. And now they are protecting Sinha`s (staying in jail)," Bhattacharyya told reporters in Ranchi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred