Dissolve Jharkhand Assembly, demands Brinda Karat
Ranchi: Senior CPI(M) leader Brinda Karat today demanded immediate dissolution of Jharkhand Assembly to pave the way for a fresh election in the state, which is under President`s Rule now.
"People have come to know the opportunistic alliance between the BJP and the JMM after they fell out on the same ground of opportunism. Now the assembly should be dissolved to give people the opportunity to vote for a fresh mandate," Karat told reporters here.
Reminding the events during the erstwhile Madhu Koda regime between 2006 and 2008, the party Politburo member warned against any repeat of such experience, "plunging the state into further corruption".
Jharkhand was brought under President`s Rule on January 18 keeping the assembly in suspended animation, following Chief Minister Arjun Munda`s resignation after JMM withdrew support making his government a minority one.
"Now that Jharkhand has come under central rule, our party demands the UPA government to set up paddy procure centres across the state to save farmers from making distress sales," Karat said.
She claimed that two farmers had committed suicide in the Santhal Pargana region of Jharkhand.
"We will met Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar and narrate him about the plight of farmers and suicide of two farmers in Jharkhand. We will demand to set up the procurement centres immediately," Karat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read