Dissolve Jharkhand Assembly, demands Brinda Karat
Ranchi: Senior CPI(M) leader Brinda Karat today demanded immediate dissolution of Jharkhand Assembly to pave the way for a fresh election in the state, which is under President`s Rule now.
"People have come to know the opportunistic alliance between the BJP and the JMM after they fell out on the same ground of opportunism. Now the assembly should be dissolved to give people the opportunity to vote for a fresh mandate," Karat told reporters here.
Reminding the events during the erstwhile Madhu Koda regime between 2006 and 2008, the party Politburo member warned against any repeat of such experience, "plunging the state into further corruption".
Jharkhand was brought under President`s Rule on January 18 keeping the assembly in suspended animation, following Chief Minister Arjun Munda`s resignation after JMM withdrew support making his government a minority one.
"Now that Jharkhand has come under central rule, our party demands the UPA government to set up paddy procure centres across the state to save farmers from making distress sales," Karat said.
She claimed that two farmers had committed suicide in the Santhal Pargana region of Jharkhand.
"We will met Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar and narrate him about the plight of farmers and suicide of two farmers in Jharkhand. We will demand to set up the procurement centres immediately," Karat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why