Dissolve Jharkhand Assembly, demands Brinda Karat
Ranchi: Senior CPI(M) leader Brinda Karat today demanded immediate dissolution of Jharkhand Assembly to pave the way for a fresh election in the state, which is under President`s Rule now.
"People have come to know the opportunistic alliance between the BJP and the JMM after they fell out on the same ground of opportunism. Now the assembly should be dissolved to give people the opportunity to vote for a fresh mandate," Karat told reporters here.
Reminding the events during the erstwhile Madhu Koda regime between 2006 and 2008, the party Politburo member warned against any repeat of such experience, "plunging the state into further corruption".
Jharkhand was brought under President`s Rule on January 18 keeping the assembly in suspended animation, following Chief Minister Arjun Munda`s resignation after JMM withdrew support making his government a minority one.
"Now that Jharkhand has come under central rule, our party demands the UPA government to set up paddy procure centres across the state to save farmers from making distress sales," Karat said.
She claimed that two farmers had committed suicide in the Santhal Pargana region of Jharkhand.
"We will met Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar and narrate him about the plight of farmers and suicide of two farmers in Jharkhand. We will demand to set up the procurement centres immediately," Karat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Rights abuse allegations in Tibet groundless: Chinese media
- Swedish court upholds Julian Assange arrest warrant
- IPL 9: Ashish Nehra undergoes knee surgery in London; cricketers wish for speedy recovery
- Left comeback in Kerala: Pinarayi Vijayan takes oath as 12th Chief Minister
- Kuch toh gadbad hai! CID taking a short break?