Do not typecast politicians: Rajeev Shukla
Ranchi: "All politicians are not bad" and they should not be assessed on the basis of a few MPs levelling charges and counter charges before the media without checking
facts, Union Minister Rajeev Shukla said on Sunday.
"Only 10 to 12 MPs always come before the media to give bytes, and one should not assess the image of politicians on the basis of those statements," Shukla, minister of state for Parliamentary Affairs, said here.
Addressing a book release function at Raj Bhavan in the presence of Governor Syed Ahmed and Chief Minister Arjun Munda, he said there were about 150 MPs who had graduated from top universities and were experts in various subjects.
"But you don`t find them often speaking before the media," he said. Calling upon professionals from various fields to join politics and shape its image, he said doctors, engineers and other professionals entering politics would augur well for the
"But if professional don`t join politics they don`t have the right to criticise politicians. Because political space, which you (professional) could occupy, would not remain vacant," he said.
Praising the efforts by a group of writers in bringing out the first volume on MLAs/MPs from Bihar/Jharkhand since 1952, Shukla said such books would help change the people`s perception, based on media reports, and they will understand
that "all politicians are not bad".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand