Don`t indulge in character assassination in House: Speaker
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly Speaker C P Singh on Tuesday asked legislators not to resort to "character
assassination" of any person in the House.
"Unless charges are proved, no one is guilty. (Therefore),
no one should engage in character assassination of any person
in the House," the Singh said.
The Speaker`s observation came after Congress MLA
Chandrasekhar Dubey read out from a prepared statement,
listing out corruption charges faced by a senior bureaucrat.
Dubey was seeking to draw the House` attention in the
background of yesterday`s inaugural speech by Governor M O H
Farook, wherein the Governor said the government had zero
tolerance towards corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef