Don`t indulge in character assassination in House: Speaker
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly Speaker C P Singh on Tuesday asked legislators not to resort to "character
assassination" of any person in the House.
"Unless charges are proved, no one is guilty. (Therefore),
no one should engage in character assassination of any person
in the House," the Singh said.
The Speaker`s observation came after Congress MLA
Chandrasekhar Dubey read out from a prepared statement,
listing out corruption charges faced by a senior bureaucrat.
Dubey was seeking to draw the House` attention in the
background of yesterday`s inaugural speech by Governor M O H
Farook, wherein the Governor said the government had zero
tolerance towards corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump wants US to `fear the future`
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists