Don’t politicise anti-encroachment drive: Gadkari to Cong
Jamshedpur: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Friday asked the Congress not to politicise the anti-encroachment issue as Jharkhand government was implementing the high court orders while coalition partners in the Arjun Munda government said the coalition was "strong".
"The state government is implementing the orders given by the High Court. The Congress should not politicise the matter," Gadkari told newsmen when asked to comment on the Congress - allegation that the Arjun Munda government had become insensitive towards the people by demolishing houses in the state.
"Chief Minister Arjun Munda’s performance is very good. The state has improved in agriculture and infrastructural development," Gadkari said.
Munda is facing the opposition heat following the anti-encroachment drive during which four persons were killed at Matkoria in Dhanbad on Wednesday and two at Islam Nagar in Ranchi.
Meanwhile, Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto told newsmen in Ranchi that the coalition was strong and the government might bring a rehabilitation policy tomorrow.
"Our coalition is strong. That is why we are here. We discussed rehabilitation policy submitted by the three-member committee yesterday. And another round of talks will take place tomorrow before it comes to the Cabinet," Mahto, the Ajsu president, said.
Munda discussed with Mahto and Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren for over four hours on the rehabilitation policy. Health Minister and JMM leader Hemal Murmu, who was also in the meeting, said the ruling BJP/JMM/Ajsu coalition was "strong".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack