Don`t treat tribals as football: Brinda to Munda
Ranchi: Demanding protection of tribal land under the fifth schedule of the Constitution, CPI(M) politburo member Brinda Karat on Wednesday accused Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda of treating tribals like a "football".
"Chief Minister Arjun Munda has taken the tribals for a football, hitting them wherever he wished. Under the 5th Schedule, tribal land cannot be snatched away," Karat said while addressing a rally organised by Adivasi Adhikar Rastriya Manch here.
Accusing Congress and BJP of failing to protect tribal land, Karat claimed the rights of the tribals were being protected only by Left parties.
"Land at Nagari (on the outskirts of Ranchi) can`t be taken away in the name of setting up educational institutions," she said amidst protests by Nagri villagers against the government`s acquisition of land to set up IIM, IIT and National University of Study there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police