Dreaded Maoist gunned down in encounter: Police
Khunti: A Maoist of the infamous Kundan Pahan firing squad was on Friday gunned down in an encounter with security forces in the jungles of Khunti district.
"Binda Pahan, a member of the Kundan Pahan group, was killed in the encounter near Huruwa village. His body has been recovered," Superintendent of Police M Tamilvanan, who was leading the district and CRPF teams, said here.
The other Maoists escaped to a nearby forest, he said, adding that a rifle was recovered from the spot.
The encounter occurred after a tip off that the Maoists had planned to attack the house of a special police officer.
Maoist Kundan Pahan is wanted in several Naxal-related cases, including the beheading of special branch inspector Francis Indwar a few years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step