Dreaded Maoist gunned down in encounter: Police
Khunti: A Maoist of the infamous Kundan Pahan firing squad was on Friday gunned down in an encounter with security forces in the jungles of Khunti district.
"Binda Pahan, a member of the Kundan Pahan group, was killed in the encounter near Huruwa village. His body has been recovered," Superintendent of Police M Tamilvanan, who was leading the district and CRPF teams, said here.
The other Maoists escaped to a nearby forest, he said, adding that a rifle was recovered from the spot.
The encounter occurred after a tip off that the Maoists had planned to attack the house of a special police officer.
Maoist Kundan Pahan is wanted in several Naxal-related cases, including the beheading of special branch inspector Francis Indwar a few years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees