Dreaded Maoist gunned down in encounter: Police
Khunti: A Maoist of the infamous Kundan Pahan firing squad was on Friday gunned down in an encounter with security forces in the jungles of Khunti district.
"Binda Pahan, a member of the Kundan Pahan group, was killed in the encounter near Huruwa village. His body has been recovered," Superintendent of Police M Tamilvanan, who was leading the district and CRPF teams, said here.
The other Maoists escaped to a nearby forest, he said, adding that a rifle was recovered from the spot.
The encounter occurred after a tip off that the Maoists had planned to attack the house of a special police officer.
Maoist Kundan Pahan is wanted in several Naxal-related cases, including the beheading of special branch inspector Francis Indwar a few years ago.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?