Dreaded Maoist gunned down in encounter: Police
Khunti: A Maoist of the infamous Kundan Pahan firing squad was on Friday gunned down in an encounter with security forces in the jungles of Khunti district.
"Binda Pahan, a member of the Kundan Pahan group, was killed in the encounter near Huruwa village. His body has been recovered," Superintendent of Police M Tamilvanan, who was leading the district and CRPF teams, said here.
The other Maoists escaped to a nearby forest, he said, adding that a rifle was recovered from the spot.
The encounter occurred after a tip off that the Maoists had planned to attack the house of a special police officer.
Maoist Kundan Pahan is wanted in several Naxal-related cases, including the beheading of special branch inspector Francis Indwar a few years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video