‘Dream for developed Jharkhand will be fulfilled’
Ranchi: Promising to fulfill the dream of the people of Jharkhand that the state would be a developed one, Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Sunday said infrastructural work across the state was going on in full swing.
"Work is going on in road construction, electrification and efforts are on to make available of drinking water and provide health facilities to everyone," Munda said in Bokaro while distributing 261.72 crore under various social welfare schemes, particularly extending benefits to farmers and women.
He said work in Bokaro district was speeding up and assured more funds for development work.
"Jharkhand’s dream to become a developed state will be fulfilled," an official release said quoting Munda.
Besides infrastructural work, the BJP-led government has been emphasizing on empowerment and progress of women under schemes like Ladli Laxmi Yozana, Mukhya Mantri Kanyadaan Yozana, women self-help groups, distribution of cycles to school girls and a host of other schemes as the state is observing the year for girl child.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months