‘Dream for developed Jharkhand will be fulfilled’
Ranchi: Promising to fulfill the dream of the people of Jharkhand that the state would be a developed one, Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Sunday said infrastructural work across the state was going on in full swing.
"Work is going on in road construction, electrification and efforts are on to make available of drinking water and provide health facilities to everyone," Munda said in Bokaro while distributing 261.72 crore under various social welfare schemes, particularly extending benefits to farmers and women.
He said work in Bokaro district was speeding up and assured more funds for development work.
"Jharkhand’s dream to become a developed state will be fulfilled," an official release said quoting Munda.
Besides infrastructural work, the BJP-led government has been emphasizing on empowerment and progress of women under schemes like Ladli Laxmi Yozana, Mukhya Mantri Kanyadaan Yozana, women self-help groups, distribution of cycles to school girls and a host of other schemes as the state is observing the year for girl child.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 second flash sale on July 5; registrations open
- Opal-studded meteorite points towards evolution of water on Earth!
- 'Rock On 2': Arjun Rampal clears air about spat with Purab Kohli, says it's 'fake news'!
- Despite ban, 15 alcohol factories still active in Bihar?
- 7th Pay Commission: How it will benefit central govt employees and pensioners!