‘Dream for developed Jharkhand will be fulfilled’
Ranchi: Promising to fulfill the dream of the people of Jharkhand that the state would be a developed one, Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Sunday said infrastructural work across the state was going on in full swing.
"Work is going on in road construction, electrification and efforts are on to make available of drinking water and provide health facilities to everyone," Munda said in Bokaro while distributing 261.72 crore under various social welfare schemes, particularly extending benefits to farmers and women.
He said work in Bokaro district was speeding up and assured more funds for development work.
"Jharkhand’s dream to become a developed state will be fulfilled," an official release said quoting Munda.
Besides infrastructural work, the BJP-led government has been emphasizing on empowerment and progress of women under schemes like Ladli Laxmi Yozana, Mukhya Mantri Kanyadaan Yozana, women self-help groups, distribution of cycles to school girls and a host of other schemes as the state is observing the year for girl child.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!