Driver dies after security forces fire at bus
Medininagar (Jharkhand): The driver of a
vehicle was killed and a passenger suffered serious injury
on Tuesday when the security personnel opened fire at Sultani Ghati
in Palamu district of Jharkhand.
The incident occurred when CRPF and district police
personnel asked the driver of a passenger vehicle at a check
point in Maoist-hit area to stop it, police sources said.
The driver of the vehicle ignored the directive and
moved forward, leading the security personnel to open fire,
The driver of the vehicle was killed and one passenger
sustained serious injury, officials said.
The injured passenger was rushed to district hospital
in Medininagar but doctors referred him to Rajendra Institute
of Medical Sciences, Ranchi following primary treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- This is what a Pakistani thinks why cow is sacred for Hindus - Watch
- Security forces kill separatist guerilla in Jammu & Kashmir's Kupwara
- DU admissions 2016 first online cut-off list to be declared today
- Woman suicide over morphed picture: One arrested
- 7th Pay Commission: Gratuity ceiling doubled to Rs 20 lakh