Driver dies after security forces fire at bus
Medininagar (Jharkhand): The driver of a
vehicle was killed and a passenger suffered serious injury
on Tuesday when the security personnel opened fire at Sultani Ghati
in Palamu district of Jharkhand.
The incident occurred when CRPF and district police
personnel asked the driver of a passenger vehicle at a check
point in Maoist-hit area to stop it, police sources said.
The driver of the vehicle ignored the directive and
moved forward, leading the security personnel to open fire,
The driver of the vehicle was killed and one passenger
sustained serious injury, officials said.
The injured passenger was rushed to district hospital
in Medininagar but doctors referred him to Rajendra Institute
of Medical Sciences, Ranchi following primary treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened