DSP commits suicide in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A Deputy Superintendent of Police rank officer, who was posted in the CID here, allegedly committed suicide on Thursday in his house in the city, police sources said.
The body of Chandi Kumar Maitra was found hanging from the ceiling in his house at AG Colony under Doranda police station, the sources said.
The 59-year-old, who was to retire in July this year, was entrusted to probe into an encounter between the police and the Maoists in Palamau district last year, they said.
No suicide note was recovered, they added. He is survived by his wife and two children, family sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi cop shot dead in Shiite district: Ministry
- Twitter activates Foursquare-powered location feed for iOS users
- Shocking! Three murders within 48 hours in Delhi
- Copa America Final: Time for Messi to end Argentina drought in Copa final?
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth