DSP commits suicide in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A Deputy Superintendent of Police rank officer, who was posted in the CID here, allegedly committed suicide on Thursday in his house in the city, police sources said.
The body of Chandi Kumar Maitra was found hanging from the ceiling in his house at AG Colony under Doranda police station, the sources said.
The 59-year-old, who was to retire in July this year, was entrusted to probe into an encounter between the police and the Maoists in Palamau district last year, they said.
No suicide note was recovered, they added. He is survived by his wife and two children, family sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore