DSP commits suicide in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A Deputy Superintendent of Police rank officer, who was posted in the CID here, allegedly committed suicide on Thursday in his house in the city, police sources said.
The body of Chandi Kumar Maitra was found hanging from the ceiling in his house at AG Colony under Doranda police station, the sources said.
The 59-year-old, who was to retire in July this year, was entrusted to probe into an encounter between the police and the Maoists in Palamau district last year, they said.
No suicide note was recovered, they added. He is survived by his wife and two children, family sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption