DSP commits suicide in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A Deputy Superintendent of Police rank officer, who was posted in the CID here, allegedly committed suicide on Thursday in his house in the city, police sources said.
The body of Chandi Kumar Maitra was found hanging from the ceiling in his house at AG Colony under Doranda police station, the sources said.
The 59-year-old, who was to retire in July this year, was entrusted to probe into an encounter between the police and the Maoists in Palamau district last year, they said.
No suicide note was recovered, they added. He is survived by his wife and two children, family sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical