ED files chargesheet against Koda aide
Ranchi: The Enforcement Directorate on Saturday
filed chargesheet against a close associate of former
Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda -- Vikash Sinha -- in a
special court here for alleged violations of money laundering
Sources said Sinha, along with other aides of the former
Chief Minister, was allegedly involved in investing laundered
money to the tune of more than Rs 600 crore in India and
abroad on behalf of Koda.
The chargesheet was filed in a special Prevention of
Money Laundering (PMLA) court here.
Sinha is the brother of another Koda associate Binod
Sinha and was arrested by ED last year in November in Delhi.
Koda and his associates are facing inquiries by various
probe agencies like ED, I-T department, CBI and Jharkhand
Vigilance Bureau regarding alleged illegal investments and
hawala transactions in India and abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends