ED files chargesheet against Koda aide
Ranchi: The Enforcement Directorate on Saturday
filed chargesheet against a close associate of former
Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda -- Vikash Sinha -- in a
special court here for alleged violations of money laundering
Sources said Sinha, along with other aides of the former
Chief Minister, was allegedly involved in investing laundered
money to the tune of more than Rs 600 crore in India and
abroad on behalf of Koda.
The chargesheet was filed in a special Prevention of
Money Laundering (PMLA) court here.
Sinha is the brother of another Koda associate Binod
Sinha and was arrested by ED last year in November in Delhi.
Koda and his associates are facing inquiries by various
probe agencies like ED, I-T department, CBI and Jharkhand
Vigilance Bureau regarding alleged illegal investments and
hawala transactions in India and abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what