ED likely to confront Madhu Koda`s aide
Ranchi: Enforcement Directorate is likely to confront Binod Sinha, a close aide of jailed former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda, with documents collected over a year of investigations on alleged illegal foreign investments, including in Dubai.
Official sources said Binod, who is currently under the ED custody, holds the key to details about a number of financial transactions made allegedly to launder money worth several hundred crores, official sources here said.
Sources said Binod, who was earlier arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation, is likely to be questioned about various overseas investments made by Koda and his aides especially in Mauritius, Libya, Dubai and Caymen Islands among others.
Questions will also be asked about the investments made by them in various firms, including a bullion firm based in Mumbai.
Sources said the ED had issued a number of summons to Binod but he had been evading them till he was arrested in September from a posh locality in the national capital.
Binod`s brother Vikash is already in judicial custody and was arrested by the ED in the case.
The CBI had earlier lodged separate FIRs against Koda, six of his former cabinet members and others on corruption charges in a Ranchi court.
The first FIR was filed against former Rural Development Minister Enos Ekka and former Urban Development Minister Harinarain Rai while the second was filed against Koda, former Water Resources Minister Kamlesh Singh, former HRD Minister Bandhu Tirkey and former Health Minister BP Sahi.
The court`s direction for a CBI probe followed a PIL filed by social activist Durga Oraon who sought a probe into the disproportionate assets allegedly owned by Koda and his former cabinet colleagues.
The ED and the Income Tax Department are separately investigating alleged illegal investment and hawala transactions against Koda and others.
On October nine last year, the ED had filed an FIR against Koda and some others. On October 31, the Income Tax officials conducted raids in the premises of Koda and his aides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Rio Games 2016: Olympic pro at 22, Shiva Thapa banks on improved strength at mega event
- India vs West Indies: Confident visitors arrive in Kingston for 2nd Test
- Coal scam: Court awards 3 years jail term to Rathi Steel CEO
- 'India more than capable of achieving 100 Smart City goal'
- APJ Abdul Kalam's look alike pays tribute to 'Missile Man' on first death anniversary