ED summons Koda to appear before it on Nov 15
Ranchi: The Enforcement Directorate summoned
former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda, facing charges of
money laundering and illegal investments of over Rs 2,000
crore, today to appear before it on November 15.
Income Tax department Additional Director
(Investigation), Ajit Srivastav, told news agencies that the ED would
grill Koda in connection with the alleged hawala and illegal
investments unearthed during nation-wide raids on 76 premises
on October 31, including his residences.
Earlier in the day the ED handed over a sealed envelope
to Koda at his residence here.
Srivastav had said yesterday that ED had summoned the
former chief minister to appear before it on November 13.
IT authorities will continue its grilling after a break
from tomorrow as Koda had got himself admitted at the Apollo
Hospital here with complaints of stomach ache. He was
Meanwhile, a spokesman for Koda said he would field his
wife Geeta from Jaganathpur seat in the coming assembly polls
in the state, besides four supporters from Chaibasa,
Manoharpur, Chakradharpur and Majhgaon.
All the five seats are under Singhbhum Lok Sabha
constituency, which he won as an Independent this time.
Koda had himself won from Jaganathpur in the 2000 and
2005 assembly polls.
Several of his supporters called on him at his residence
though media persons were turned away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Imtiaz Ali permitted Shah Rukh Khan to upload this picture from the sets of 'The Ring'! – View inside
- Aprilia SR 150 to be launched at Rs 65,000; book via PayTM, get 100% cashback on booking amount
- Shah Rukh Khan just apologised to 'Dil Se' co-star Preity Zinta! Here's why
- Naming of new RBI chief shows Modi government regains composure after Rajan shock
- JNU PhD student drugged, raped by AISA activist in hostel room? Know details of complaint