ED summons Koda to appear before it on Nov 15
Ranchi: The Enforcement Directorate summoned
former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda, facing charges of
money laundering and illegal investments of over Rs 2,000
crore, today to appear before it on November 15.
Income Tax department Additional Director
(Investigation), Ajit Srivastav, told news agencies that the ED would
grill Koda in connection with the alleged hawala and illegal
investments unearthed during nation-wide raids on 76 premises
on October 31, including his residences.
Earlier in the day the ED handed over a sealed envelope
to Koda at his residence here.
Srivastav had said yesterday that ED had summoned the
former chief minister to appear before it on November 13.
IT authorities will continue its grilling after a break
from tomorrow as Koda had got himself admitted at the Apollo
Hospital here with complaints of stomach ache. He was
Meanwhile, a spokesman for Koda said he would field his
wife Geeta from Jaganathpur seat in the coming assembly polls
in the state, besides four supporters from Chaibasa,
Manoharpur, Chakradharpur and Majhgaon.
All the five seats are under Singhbhum Lok Sabha
constituency, which he won as an Independent this time.
Koda had himself won from Jaganathpur in the 2000 and
2005 assembly polls.
Several of his supporters called on him at his residence
though media persons were turned away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi