ED to attach Koda properties worth Rs 130 cr
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate is
all set to attach properties worth Rs 130 crore allegedly
belonging to former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda and
The Directorate, which is probing charges of huge
illegal investments and hawala transactions against Koda and
his associates, got an approval order from the adjudicating
authority under the Prevention of Money Laundering (PMLA) Act
in the national capital.
Sources said this is the first order that the
Directorate has got and more such attachments are in the
offing as the total cost of the properties ascertained and
identified by the ED is more than Rs 200 crore.
The attachment action under the PMLA is a step where
properties of the accused are attached as "proceeds of crime",
the sources said.
The ED has identified properties primarily in the
state of Jharkhand and a few in adjoining Bihar, which will be
sealed and a complete embargo would be issued by the agency
against their sale and purchase as an inquiry is in process
against the owners- Koda and his associates.
The properties to be attached also include those
allegedly owned by Koda`s associates like Binod and Vikash
Sinha, who are in judicial custody.
The Directorate had on March 4 filed a charge sheet at
a special court in Ranchi against Koda accusing him of
amassing illegal wealth of over Rs 1,340 crore in connivance
with four of his close associates including a CEO of a
Mumbai-based bullion firm.
The ED presently is also awaiting replies to its
Letters Rogatories (LRs) sent in the case to countries like
Dubai, Sweden, Thailand, Indonesia and Liberia to probe
illegal investments in this case.
Koda and his associates are facing inquiries by
various probe agencies like the Income Tax department, the CBI
and the Jharkhand Vigilance Bureau regarding the alleged
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM