Effective steps to curb human trafficking: Munda
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Monday said his government was pondering if more teeth could be given to state women’s commission for effectively addressing the serious issue of human trafficking.
We are talking to the women’s commission (on) how to give more teeth to the panel, so that it could work more effectively, Munda said while replying to a query from RJD MLA Annapurna Devi during the chief minister’s question hour in the house.
Devi had wanted to know whether the Inter-state Migration Workers Act was strictly being implemented in the wake of several girls, who had been to metros in search of jobs, added to the missing list.
Stating that the issue of labour is in the concurrent list, Munda said the state police, the home department and some NGOs were coordinating and monitoring the matter.
When Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) MLA Nizamuddin Answari asked whether the government would introduce Urdu script in conducting examinations under Jharkhand Public Service Commission, Munda said the state personnel department was asked to get details from the Centre in this regard.
We would move ahead after getting all the details ...the state has also given some languages the status of second language as the government’s aim is to give scope for all languages to develop, Munda added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH