Effective steps to curb human trafficking: Munda
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Monday said his government was pondering if more teeth could be given to state women’s commission for effectively addressing the serious issue of human trafficking.
We are talking to the women’s commission (on) how to give more teeth to the panel, so that it could work more effectively, Munda said while replying to a query from RJD MLA Annapurna Devi during the chief minister’s question hour in the house.
Devi had wanted to know whether the Inter-state Migration Workers Act was strictly being implemented in the wake of several girls, who had been to metros in search of jobs, added to the missing list.
Stating that the issue of labour is in the concurrent list, Munda said the state police, the home department and some NGOs were coordinating and monitoring the matter.
When Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) MLA Nizamuddin Answari asked whether the government would introduce Urdu script in conducting examinations under Jharkhand Public Service Commission, Munda said the state personnel department was asked to get details from the Centre in this regard.
We would move ahead after getting all the details ...the state has also given some languages the status of second language as the government’s aim is to give scope for all languages to develop, Munda added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Scrapping 15-year old vehicles: Draft policy to to be ready in a fortnight
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'