Eight kidnapped labourers still untraced
Jamui: Eight bridge construction workers, kidnapped by armed Naxalites in Bihar`s Jamui district late Saturday night, remained untraced despite rescue operations by security forces, police said Sunday.
The armed personnel of CRPF, STF, SAP (Special Auxiliary Police) and district police continued hunt for the kidnapped, Deputy Superintendent of Police D K Sahu said.
In a late night attack, armed activists of the banned Naxal outfit abducted eight persons engaged in road bridge construction work at Badaldiah under Khaira police station.
Superintendent of Police Upendra Sharma said the armed Naxalites attacked a camp office of a road bridge construction in Badaldiah village, about 30 km from district headquarters late last night and took away eight labourers with them.
The labourers were sleeping after dinner when Maoists raided their camp and took them hostage, the DSP said adding they burnt the straw and bedsheet before leaving the camp.
Jamui district, bordering Giridih in Jharkhand, has been witnessing Naxal activities for a long time.
The Maoists had struck in the same Khaira police area on September 19 last year and killed a police inspector and injured five policemen who were on patrolling duty.
Those who have been abducted belong to Badaldiah village, Dalsinghsarai in Samastipur and Raghopur in Saran district.
The bridge is being constructed by a Munger-based private contractor who was awarded work by Bihar Rajya Pul Nirman Nigam on Jamui-Nawada rural road.
In 2011, Naxalites had struck twice and abducted 17 labourers, engaged in a bridge construction work at Balthar Ghat and in an another incident had abducted 11 labourers in Pakri Ghat on Kiul river. In both the cases, the labourers were later released by the Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player