Election is the only option in Jharkhand: Marandi
Dhanbad: Former Jharkhand
Chief Minister and JVM-P leader Babulal Marandi has said
holding elections in the state is the only alternative left.
"Only elections are the alternative in Jharkhand as no
party or group has come to stake claim for the formation of a
government," the founder and national president of Jharkhand
Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) said at a function here yesterday.
Jharkhand came under President`s rule for the second
time on June 1 after all the parties had refused to form
Marandi blamed the Congress for the state
administration`s decision to withdraw certain facilities to
former Jharkhand chief ministers.
"The decision has unmasked the Congress` anti-tribal
face. The decision to withdraw facilities was taken as
all the four ex-CMs are tribals," claimed Marandi, whose party
has a pre-poll tie-up with the Congress.
Several other states have the provision of providing
facilities to ex-CMs, he added.
Last week, the Governor`s advisory council had taken a
decision to redraw facilities enjoyed by the ex-CMs.
Besides Marandi, JMM president Shibu Soren, BJP`s
general secretary Arjun Munda and Mahdu Koda have been at the
helm of affairs at different times and enjoy sprawling
accommodation and various other benefits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America