Eleven ex-AHD veterinarians sentenced to RI in fodder scam
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Wednesday sentenced
11 fodder scam convicts to prison terms ranging from five to
six years and a fine of Rs five lakh each for fraudulently
withdrawing about Rs 19.2 crore from the Doranda treasury here
in the 1990s.
Judge A H Ansari, awarded six years rigorous imprisonment
to Animal Husbandry Department veterinarians Ram Prakash Ram,
Vinay Kumar, B N P Verma, Prabhat Kumar, Kameshwar Sahay and L
P Yadav and five years RI to B N Srivastav, E Kerketta,
Yashwant Sahay, S B Verma and G P Tripathi.
The court had on November 28 convicted 52 people in the
case. Yesterday, it pronounced three years sentence to eight
fodder suppliers and nine former officials.
Tomorrow the judge will pronounce the quantum of
punishment for the remaining 24.
The CBI had booked these 52 people in connection with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice