Eleven ex-AHD veterinarians sentenced to RI in fodder scam
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Wednesday sentenced
11 fodder scam convicts to prison terms ranging from five to
six years and a fine of Rs five lakh each for fraudulently
withdrawing about Rs 19.2 crore from the Doranda treasury here
in the 1990s.
Judge A H Ansari, awarded six years rigorous imprisonment
to Animal Husbandry Department veterinarians Ram Prakash Ram,
Vinay Kumar, B N P Verma, Prabhat Kumar, Kameshwar Sahay and L
P Yadav and five years RI to B N Srivastav, E Kerketta,
Yashwant Sahay, S B Verma and G P Tripathi.
The court had on November 28 convicted 52 people in the
case. Yesterday, it pronounced three years sentence to eight
fodder suppliers and nine former officials.
Tomorrow the judge will pronounce the quantum of
punishment for the remaining 24.
The CBI had booked these 52 people in connection with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway