Eleven ex-AHD veterinarians sentenced to RI in fodder scam
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Wednesday sentenced
11 fodder scam convicts to prison terms ranging from five to
six years and a fine of Rs five lakh each for fraudulently
withdrawing about Rs 19.2 crore from the Doranda treasury here
in the 1990s.
Judge A H Ansari, awarded six years rigorous imprisonment
to Animal Husbandry Department veterinarians Ram Prakash Ram,
Vinay Kumar, B N P Verma, Prabhat Kumar, Kameshwar Sahay and L
P Yadav and five years RI to B N Srivastav, E Kerketta,
Yashwant Sahay, S B Verma and G P Tripathi.
The court had on November 28 convicted 52 people in the
case. Yesterday, it pronounced three years sentence to eight
fodder suppliers and nine former officials.
Tomorrow the judge will pronounce the quantum of
punishment for the remaining 24.
The CBI had booked these 52 people in connection with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried