‘Ensure no ragging incident occurs in institutes’
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Wednesday
directed the state government to ensure that there should not
be any ragging incident in any educational institution.
Issuing the directions while hearing on a ragging
incident at Sainik School in Koderma`s Tilaiya happened about
a year ago, the division bench of Chief Justice Prakash
Chandra Tatia and Justice Aparesh Kumar Singh said punishment
by belts or other cruel methods cannot be justified to make a
student strong, stout and tough.
Though the incident which had taken place in Sanik
School was old, it was the media, and not the school which
revealed it, the bench observed in the presence of the
principal of Sainik School.
The bench directed the government to take measures and
ensure that there was no recurrence of such events in any
educational institution in future.
The court took cognisance suo motu after media
highlighted a ragging incident in Sainik School.
Later on November 16 last year, the police filed an
FIR against two senior students of the school on the basis of
a junior student’s statement accusing the duo of ragging him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information