Ex-minister in erstwhile Madhu Koda Cabinet gets bail
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Wednesday granted bail to former minister Bhanu Pratap Sahi in connection with the Rs 130 crore medicine scam, but he would remain in judicial custody as he was facing corruption charge in another case.
Justice H C Mishra granted Sahi bail on a bond of Rs 50,000.
Sahi had on August 6, 2011 surrendered before a special CBI court and was sent to judicial custody.
He was charged with purchasing medicine and medical apparatus at overrated prices and allegedly favoured a company when he was the health minister in the erstwhile Madhu Koda government.
Former health secretary Pradeep Kumar had surrendered on August 8 the same year in the same case and got provisional bail on November 5 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use