Ex-minister in erstwhile Madhu Koda Cabinet gets bail
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Wednesday granted bail to former minister Bhanu Pratap Sahi in connection with the Rs 130 crore medicine scam, but he would remain in judicial custody as he was facing corruption charge in another case.
Justice H C Mishra granted Sahi bail on a bond of Rs 50,000.
Sahi had on August 6, 2011 surrendered before a special CBI court and was sent to judicial custody.
He was charged with purchasing medicine and medical apparatus at overrated prices and allegedly favoured a company when he was the health minister in the erstwhile Madhu Koda government.
Former health secretary Pradeep Kumar had surrendered on August 8 the same year in the same case and got provisional bail on November 5 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- BELIEVE IT OR NOT! This cricket team was bowled out of just 3 runs – Details inside
- Govt mulls curbs on sugar sales at mill level to check prices
- iPhone 7 to be launched on September 16: Report
- Virat Kohli: The making of India's greatest Test captain
- Pacer Neil Wagner bags six wickets as New Zealand restrict Zimbabwe to 164 on Day 1