Ex-minister in erstwhile Madhu Koda Cabinet gets bail
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Wednesday granted bail to former minister Bhanu Pratap Sahi in connection with the Rs 130 crore medicine scam, but he would remain in judicial custody as he was facing corruption charge in another case.
Justice H C Mishra granted Sahi bail on a bond of Rs 50,000.
Sahi had on August 6, 2011 surrendered before a special CBI court and was sent to judicial custody.
He was charged with purchasing medicine and medical apparatus at overrated prices and allegedly favoured a company when he was the health minister in the erstwhile Madhu Koda government.
Former health secretary Pradeep Kumar had surrendered on August 8 the same year in the same case and got provisional bail on November 5 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill