Ex-minister’s wife surrenders in DA case
Ranchi: Memon Ekka, the wife of ex-Jharkhand minister Anosh Ekka, on Tuesday surrendered before a special CBI court in a disproportionate assets case.
The court of R K Choudhary sent her to 14 days judicial remand.
Memon was facing a non-bailable warrant after she went into hiding several months ago following corruption charges against her and her husband.
She is one of the accused in the charge sheet filed by the CBI accusing the couple and others of possessing disproportionate wealth of Rs 17 crore, allegedly acquired during Anosh Ekka’s ministerial term in the Madhu Koda regime between 2006 and 2008.
Anosh Ekka, who held rural development and other portfolios during the erstwhile Koda government, is on bail after being arrested in 2009.
Besides DA case, he faces money laundering charges.
The Enforcement Directorate has also obtained an NBW against Memon Ekka from the court under Prevention of Money Laundering Act on the ground that she had been ignoring notices to turn up as a witness in the money laundering case, according to a senior ED official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez