Ex-minister’s wife surrenders in DA case
Ranchi: Memon Ekka, the wife of ex-Jharkhand minister Anosh Ekka, on Tuesday surrendered before a special CBI court in a disproportionate assets case.
The court of R K Choudhary sent her to 14 days judicial remand.
Memon was facing a non-bailable warrant after she went into hiding several months ago following corruption charges against her and her husband.
She is one of the accused in the charge sheet filed by the CBI accusing the couple and others of possessing disproportionate wealth of Rs 17 crore, allegedly acquired during Anosh Ekka’s ministerial term in the Madhu Koda regime between 2006 and 2008.
Anosh Ekka, who held rural development and other portfolios during the erstwhile Koda government, is on bail after being arrested in 2009.
Besides DA case, he faces money laundering charges.
The Enforcement Directorate has also obtained an NBW against Memon Ekka from the court under Prevention of Money Laundering Act on the ground that she had been ignoring notices to turn up as a witness in the money laundering case, according to a senior ED official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened