Ex-scribe detained for `sending threat SMSes`
Jamshedpur: A former journalist, who allegedly forwarded threat SMSes pertaining to the recent incidents in Assam and Myanmar, was detained on Wednesday for questioning, police said.
Identified as Shanawaz Hussain, who used to work as a journalist earlier, was detained from his house from Mango police station area following inputs provided by the intelligence department, they said.
A police team seized a computer from his house, the sources said, adding that all the saved threat SMSes have been deleted from the computer.
Additional Superintendent of Police Rajiv Ranjan confirmed that a person was detained and later set free following interrogation.
Ranjan refused to divulge further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note