Ex-scribe detained for `sending threat SMSes`
Jamshedpur: A former journalist, who allegedly forwarded threat SMSes pertaining to the recent incidents in Assam and Myanmar, was detained on Wednesday for questioning, police said.
Identified as Shanawaz Hussain, who used to work as a journalist earlier, was detained from his house from Mango police station area following inputs provided by the intelligence department, they said.
A police team seized a computer from his house, the sources said, adding that all the saved threat SMSes have been deleted from the computer.
Additional Superintendent of Police Rajiv Ranjan confirmed that a person was detained and later set free following interrogation.
Ranjan refused to divulge further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video