Ex-scribe detained for `sending threat SMSes`
Jamshedpur: A former journalist, who allegedly forwarded threat SMSes pertaining to the recent incidents in Assam and Myanmar, was detained on Wednesday for questioning, police said.
Identified as Shanawaz Hussain, who used to work as a journalist earlier, was detained from his house from Mango police station area following inputs provided by the intelligence department, they said.
A police team seized a computer from his house, the sources said, adding that all the saved threat SMSes have been deleted from the computer.
Additional Superintendent of Police Rajiv Ranjan confirmed that a person was detained and later set free following interrogation.
Ranjan refused to divulge further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi