Ex-scribe detained for `sending threat SMSes`
Jamshedpur: A former journalist, who allegedly forwarded threat SMSes pertaining to the recent incidents in Assam and Myanmar, was detained on Wednesday for questioning, police said.
Identified as Shanawaz Hussain, who used to work as a journalist earlier, was detained from his house from Mango police station area following inputs provided by the intelligence department, they said.
A police team seized a computer from his house, the sources said, adding that all the saved threat SMSes have been deleted from the computer.
Additional Superintendent of Police Rajiv Ranjan confirmed that a person was detained and later set free following interrogation.
Ranjan refused to divulge further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days