Ex-Tata Steel VP joins JMM
Ranchi: A former vice-president of Tata Steel on Saturday joined the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM).
Niroop Kumar Mahanty, who had retired as vice-president (Human Resources) of Tata Steel, was introduced to the media by JMM chief Shibu Soren and his Chief Minister son Hemant Soren here while welcoming him to the party.
Asked whether Mahanty, a resident of Jamshedpur, would be JMM`s candidate from Jamshedpur Lok Sabha constituency for the ensuing elections, the Chief Minister said the party had not yet decided.
"He can be a party candidate for Rajya Sabha or Lok Sabha. Nothing has been decided as yet," Hemant said.
"We will announce it within a day or two," he said, when asked who would be the party`s candidate from Jamshedpur.
The JMM, which will contest four of the 14 Lok Sabha seats in Jharkhand, has announced names of candidates for Dumka, Giridih and Raj Mahal seats.
As per seat sharing formula, JMM has left 10 Lok Sabha seat for its ruling alliance partner Congress in Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination