Ex-Tata Steel VP joins JMM
Ranchi: A former vice-president of Tata Steel on Saturday joined the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM).
Niroop Kumar Mahanty, who had retired as vice-president (Human Resources) of Tata Steel, was introduced to the media by JMM chief Shibu Soren and his Chief Minister son Hemant Soren here while welcoming him to the party.
Asked whether Mahanty, a resident of Jamshedpur, would be JMM`s candidate from Jamshedpur Lok Sabha constituency for the ensuing elections, the Chief Minister said the party had not yet decided.
"He can be a party candidate for Rajya Sabha or Lok Sabha. Nothing has been decided as yet," Hemant said.
"We will announce it within a day or two," he said, when asked who would be the party`s candidate from Jamshedpur.
The JMM, which will contest four of the 14 Lok Sabha seats in Jharkhand, has announced names of candidates for Dumka, Giridih and Raj Mahal seats.
As per seat sharing formula, JMM has left 10 Lok Sabha seat for its ruling alliance partner Congress in Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future