Ex-Tata Steel VP joins JMM
Ranchi: A former vice-president of Tata Steel on Saturday joined the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM).
Niroop Kumar Mahanty, who had retired as vice-president (Human Resources) of Tata Steel, was introduced to the media by JMM chief Shibu Soren and his Chief Minister son Hemant Soren here while welcoming him to the party.
Asked whether Mahanty, a resident of Jamshedpur, would be JMM`s candidate from Jamshedpur Lok Sabha constituency for the ensuing elections, the Chief Minister said the party had not yet decided.
"He can be a party candidate for Rajya Sabha or Lok Sabha. Nothing has been decided as yet," Hemant said.
"We will announce it within a day or two," he said, when asked who would be the party`s candidate from Jamshedpur.
The JMM, which will contest four of the 14 Lok Sabha seats in Jharkhand, has announced names of candidates for Dumka, Giridih and Raj Mahal seats.
As per seat sharing formula, JMM has left 10 Lok Sabha seat for its ruling alliance partner Congress in Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi