Explosives seized in Jharkhand, three arrested
Ranchi: A huge quantity of explosives was seized from a car and three people arrested in Jharkhand`s Sahebganj district Sunday, police said.
Police stopped a Santro car near Maharajpur, 500 km from here and recovered 1,600 pieces of detonators and gelatin sticks. All the three people travelling in the car were taken into custody.
The explosives are used to blast hills in the mining areas. The arrested people are being interrogated by police.
Jharkhand is infested with Maoist insurgents, who also use such explosives to target security personnel and their vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump