Explosives seized in Jharkhand, three arrested
Ranchi: A huge quantity of explosives was seized from a car and three people arrested in Jharkhand`s Sahebganj district Sunday, police said.
Police stopped a Santro car near Maharajpur, 500 km from here and recovered 1,600 pieces of detonators and gelatin sticks. All the three people travelling in the car were taken into custody.
The explosives are used to blast hills in the mining areas. The arrested people are being interrogated by police.
Jharkhand is infested with Maoist insurgents, who also use such explosives to target security personnel and their vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE