Explosives seized in Jharkhand, three arrested
Ranchi: A huge quantity of explosives was seized from a car and three people arrested in Jharkhand`s Sahebganj district Sunday, police said.
Police stopped a Santro car near Maharajpur, 500 km from here and recovered 1,600 pieces of detonators and gelatin sticks. All the three people travelling in the car were taken into custody.
The explosives are used to blast hills in the mining areas. The arrested people are being interrogated by police.
Jharkhand is infested with Maoist insurgents, who also use such explosives to target security personnel and their vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands