Explosives seized in Jharkhand
Jamtara: A huge quantity of explosives were recovered from a house at Jamtara in Jharkhand, police said on Friday.
Acting on a tip off that the explosives were kept in the house of one Mantaz Ansari at Kuruwa village, the police raided and seized the materials, Narayanpur Police Station in-charge Saudagar Paswan told reporters here.
A total of 600 detonators, 195 gelatin sticks, fuse wire and some explosive powder were recovered during the raids conducted yesterday, he said.
No arrest has been made as yet, he said, adding that an FIR was lodged under the Explosives Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding