Explosives seized in Jharkhand
Jamtara: A huge quantity of explosives were recovered from a house at Jamtara in Jharkhand, police said on Friday.
Acting on a tip off that the explosives were kept in the house of one Mantaz Ansari at Kuruwa village, the police raided and seized the materials, Narayanpur Police Station in-charge Saudagar Paswan told reporters here.
A total of 600 detonators, 195 gelatin sticks, fuse wire and some explosive powder were recovered during the raids conducted yesterday, he said.
No arrest has been made as yet, he said, adding that an FIR was lodged under the Explosives Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him