Explosives seized in Jharkhand
Jamtara: A huge quantity of explosives were recovered from a house at Jamtara in Jharkhand, police said on Friday.
Acting on a tip off that the explosives were kept in the house of one Mantaz Ansari at Kuruwa village, the police raided and seized the materials, Narayanpur Police Station in-charge Saudagar Paswan told reporters here.
A total of 600 detonators, 195 gelatin sticks, fuse wire and some explosive powder were recovered during the raids conducted yesterday, he said.
No arrest has been made as yet, he said, adding that an FIR was lodged under the Explosives Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP