Fake currency note agent hoodwinks NIA team
Pakur (Jharkhand): An alleged fake-note
agent, accused of using counterfeit currency notes in
anti-national activities, on Saturday escaped the clutches of the
National Investigation Agency (NIA) personnel who raided his
house at Debtala village in Pakur district and seized fake
"Bablu Sheikh managed to escape during raids at his
place. He is working as a fake note agent in the gang led by
Morjahan Sheikh, who was arrested in West Bengal`s Malda
district yesterday," NIA official Srinivas Rao told reporters
in the office of Pakur SP Mayur Patel.
It was Morjahan who had informed NIA team during
interrogation that Bablu was his "Pakur agent", Rao said,
adding that Bablu is as an adhoc teacher with Debtala Primary
School in Pakur.
Led by Rao, the four-member NIA team from Hyderabad
raided the house of Sheikh and seized fake notes with a face
value of Rs 9,600, Bablu managed to escape NIA net.
"We have information that the fake currencies are
being used in anti-national activities," Rao said, adding the
NIA has slapped various sections, including those under
Prevention of Unlawful Activities Act, 1967.
The NIA was following Morjahan Sheikh after the
registration of FIR in October last year that he was allegedly
getting fake notes from Pakistan and Bangladesh for
circulation in states like West Bengal, Jharkhand, Andhra
Pradesh, Odisha, Tamil Nadu and Mumbai and Delhi, Rao said.
Pakur SP said the district police had arrested five
persons last year in connection with supply of fake currency
and registered four cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'