Fake surrender? 'CRPF, Jharkhand police lured innocent youth to pose as naxals to boost figures'
NHRC Chairperson said that the allegations with respect to the fake surrender of innocent youth posing as naxals in Jharkhand were found to be prima facie true.
Ranchi: National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Chairperson Justice HL Dattu on Thursday said that the allegations with respect to the fake surrender of innocent young men posing as naxals in Jharkhand were found to be prima facie true, as per a media report.
According to The Indian Express, the report has been sent to the Ministry of Home Affairs and the state government for comments.
“Prima facie, the allegations were found to be true. The probe report has been sent to the Ministry of Home Affairs and also the state government. Further action would be taken following their comments,” Dattu was quoted as saying by the Daily.
The case relates to the alleged stage-managing of fake ‘surrender’ of well over hundred ‘naxal-operatives’ in 2011-12.
The matter had come to light in 2014 and a FIR was registered in this regard in March 2014.
Later a CBI inquiry into the case had been recommended by the state government.
After things supposedly did not move forward, the NHRC took cognisance of the matter and got it probed.
As per the Daily, the CRPF, state police and military intelligence officials had allegedly connived to boost the surrender figures by promising jobs to these youths and making them pose as naxal-operatives.
Dattu added that the commission had given the state CID three months to complete its investigation and submit a report regarding the Palamu encounter.
Twelve people, including minor children, were killed in June 2015.
However, no compensation had been recommended by the NHRC so far.
Dattu was further quoted as saying by the Daily, “The state has requested three months time, which we thought was reasonable, for submitting the report. The time has been granted. Once that report is filed, we will take further action."