Fasting Koda agrees to drink milk
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand chief minister
Madhu Koda, who is on a fast in hospital in protest against
being allegedly assaulted in jail on Wednesday agreed to drink milk
on doctor`s advice.
"We have advised him to take 200 ml milk. Taking
medicines on an empty stomach is not advisable. He has agreed
to our advice," Director of the Rajendra Institute of Medical
Sciences (RIIMS) Tulsi Mahto told reporters here.
Koda, who suffered a fracture in the right hand and was
admitted to RIIMS, is on fast since Monday after being
allegedly beaten up inside the Birsa Munda Central jail.
Though the district administration and jail
authorities have said he was assaulted by other prisoners,
Koda alleged that prison guards had beaten him up when he and
others protested about the poor quality of food.
Yesterday, Koda had threatened to move the human
rights commission claiming that the police did not register
his complaint of assault in jail.
Chief Minister Arjun last night said a retired
district judge would probe the alleged assault on Koda.
Koda is in the jail since November 30, 2009 when a
special vigilance court sent him to judicial custody in
connection with a Rs 2,500 crore scam unearthed by the Income
Tax and Enforcement Departments following countrywide raids on
October 31 that year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’