Fasting Koda agrees to drink milk
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand chief minister
Madhu Koda, who is on a fast in hospital in protest against
being allegedly assaulted in jail on Wednesday agreed to drink milk
on doctor`s advice.
"We have advised him to take 200 ml milk. Taking
medicines on an empty stomach is not advisable. He has agreed
to our advice," Director of the Rajendra Institute of Medical
Sciences (RIIMS) Tulsi Mahto told reporters here.
Koda, who suffered a fracture in the right hand and was
admitted to RIIMS, is on fast since Monday after being
allegedly beaten up inside the Birsa Munda Central jail.
Though the district administration and jail
authorities have said he was assaulted by other prisoners,
Koda alleged that prison guards had beaten him up when he and
others protested about the poor quality of food.
Yesterday, Koda had threatened to move the human
rights commission claiming that the police did not register
his complaint of assault in jail.
Chief Minister Arjun last night said a retired
district judge would probe the alleged assault on Koda.
Koda is in the jail since November 30, 2009 when a
special vigilance court sent him to judicial custody in
connection with a Rs 2,500 crore scam unearthed by the Income
Tax and Enforcement Departments following countrywide raids on
October 31 that year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter