Fire in rail engine spotted, mishap averted in Jharkhand
Sahibganj (Jharkhand): A railway gate-man spotted fire in the engine of the New Farraka-New Delhi Anand Vihar Express near Sahibganj Railway Station, averting a major mishap.
"When gate-man M Kamal spotted the fire in the engine near the eastern outpost, he immediately alerted driver Audhesh Kumar Singh, who informed the station master on the walkie-talkie last night," Railway Manager RK Gupta said over phone.
The driver put the brakes, bringing the train to a halt at Madan Sahi village, near the station, he said, adding perfect coordination between them averted a mishap.
The fire, which partially damaged the engine (No. 18952), was put off by the fire brigade personnel.
It was replaced by another engine before the train (14004) proceeded its onward journey, the DRM said.
He said prima facie, fuel could have sparked the fire and an investigation was ordered into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian small cars to benefit from Sri Lanka import duty changes
- Pakistan bans contraceptive advertisements on TV, radio
- Janet Yellen says Fed rate hike likely appropriate in coming months
- Nico Hulkenberg, Sergio Perez provide qualifying boost for Force India
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — Players to watch out for