Fire in rail engine spotted, mishap averted in Jharkhand
Sahibganj (Jharkhand): A railway gate-man spotted fire in the engine of the New Farraka-New Delhi Anand Vihar Express near Sahibganj Railway Station, averting a major mishap.
"When gate-man M Kamal spotted the fire in the engine near the eastern outpost, he immediately alerted driver Audhesh Kumar Singh, who informed the station master on the walkie-talkie last night," Railway Manager RK Gupta said over phone.
The driver put the brakes, bringing the train to a halt at Madan Sahi village, near the station, he said, adding perfect coordination between them averted a mishap.
The fire, which partially damaged the engine (No. 18952), was put off by the fire brigade personnel.
It was replaced by another engine before the train (14004) proceeded its onward journey, the DRM said.
He said prima facie, fuel could have sparked the fire and an investigation was ordered into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!