Fire in rail engine spotted, mishap averted in Jharkhand
Sahibganj (Jharkhand): A railway gate-man spotted fire in the engine of the New Farraka-New Delhi Anand Vihar Express near Sahibganj Railway Station, averting a major mishap.
"When gate-man M Kamal spotted the fire in the engine near the eastern outpost, he immediately alerted driver Audhesh Kumar Singh, who informed the station master on the walkie-talkie last night," Railway Manager RK Gupta said over phone.
The driver put the brakes, bringing the train to a halt at Madan Sahi village, near the station, he said, adding perfect coordination between them averted a mishap.
The fire, which partially damaged the engine (No. 18952), was put off by the fire brigade personnel.
It was replaced by another engine before the train (14004) proceeded its onward journey, the DRM said.
He said prima facie, fuel could have sparked the fire and an investigation was ordered into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future