Fire in rail engine spotted, mishap averted in Jharkhand
Sahibganj (Jharkhand): A railway gate-man spotted fire in the engine of the New Farraka-New Delhi Anand Vihar Express near Sahibganj Railway Station, averting a major mishap.
"When gate-man M Kamal spotted the fire in the engine near the eastern outpost, he immediately alerted driver Audhesh Kumar Singh, who informed the station master on the walkie-talkie last night," Railway Manager RK Gupta said over phone.
The driver put the brakes, bringing the train to a halt at Madan Sahi village, near the station, he said, adding perfect coordination between them averted a mishap.
The fire, which partially damaged the engine (No. 18952), was put off by the fire brigade personnel.
It was replaced by another engine before the train (14004) proceeded its onward journey, the DRM said.
He said prima facie, fuel could have sparked the fire and an investigation was ordered into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside
- Battles in Libya's Sirte kill 34 fighters, injure over 180
- US gives proof of Pakistan's hand in Pathankot strike