Fire in rail engine spotted, mishap averted in Jharkhand
Sahibganj (Jharkhand): A railway gate-man spotted fire in the engine of the New Farraka-New Delhi Anand Vihar Express near Sahibganj Railway Station, averting a major mishap.
"When gate-man M Kamal spotted the fire in the engine near the eastern outpost, he immediately alerted driver Audhesh Kumar Singh, who informed the station master on the walkie-talkie last night," Railway Manager RK Gupta said over phone.
The driver put the brakes, bringing the train to a halt at Madan Sahi village, near the station, he said, adding perfect coordination between them averted a mishap.
The fire, which partially damaged the engine (No. 18952), was put off by the fire brigade personnel.
It was replaced by another engine before the train (14004) proceeded its onward journey, the DRM said.
He said prima facie, fuel could have sparked the fire and an investigation was ordered into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire