Firing near puja pandal at Bolba
Ranchi: A man and his son were shot dead when
members of a criminal gang fired at them near a puja pandal at
Bolba in Jharkhand’s Simdega district, the police said on Wednesday.
The incident occurred last night when members of Pahari
Chitta opened fire at them, killing them on the spot, Simdega
Superintendent of Police Prabhat Kumar said over phone.
"While the son (identified as Iswar Das) was with the
Pahari Chitta group and recently came out from jail, his
father (Phatindar Das) was also booked under Arms Act some
time ago," Kumar said.
The incident appeared to be a sequel to their breaking
away from Pahari Chitta, he added.
One civilian who was injured in the incident was admitted
to a hospital in Ranchi, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands