First day bandh by Maoists peaceful, fails to evoke response
Ranchi: The first day of the 48-hour bandh called by the CPI (Maoist) to protest the killing of 10 of their cadres in Chatra last month, was incident-free and life remained normal in most parts of Jharkhand.
Barring rural areas of Naxal-affected districts, the bandh was a flop in towns, cities and the whole of Santhal Pargana comprising six districts, according to police sources.
In Latehar, the police said it had removed a Maoist poster calling the two-day Jharkhand and Bihar bandh.
The police escorted long distance buses between Dhanbad`s Barbadah to Topchanchi while security arrangements were tight along railway tracks and other important places.
Ten Maoists were killed by the Trititya Prastuti Committee, a break-away faction of the CPI(Maoist) in Chatra on March 28. The Maoist also killed five policemen in Gumla on April 6.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- PM Modi tests performance of BJP MPs on social media; Sushma Swaraj emerges star performer
- CAD to widen to $25 billion in FY17 on surge in gold imports, sluggish exports: Report
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!