Five candidates file nominations in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: Five candidates
including former minister for land revenue Dulal Bhuiyan of
JMM on Wednesday filed their nomination for the first phase of
Jharkhand assembly polls slated for November 25.
Bhuiyan, who won Jugsalai seat twice including the last
election in 2005 and Sarda Devi of Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD)
have filed nomination papers for the seat.
While Independent candidate Tilo Sardar filed his
nomination for Jamshedpur West assembly seat, a former BJP
leader Madhulika Mehta (Independent) and Vijay Kumar Pandey of
Samajwadi Party filed papers for the prestigious Jamshedpur
Currently, Jamshedpur East constituency was being
represented by BJP`s state unit president Raghuvar Das, who
was the labour minister in Babulal Marandi-led government and
finance minister in Arjun Munda-led government in the state.
Das has been representing Jamshedpur East constituency
for the last three assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price