Five candidates file nominations in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: Five candidates
including former minister for land revenue Dulal Bhuiyan of
JMM on Wednesday filed their nomination for the first phase of
Jharkhand assembly polls slated for November 25.
Bhuiyan, who won Jugsalai seat twice including the last
election in 2005 and Sarda Devi of Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD)
have filed nomination papers for the seat.
While Independent candidate Tilo Sardar filed his
nomination for Jamshedpur West assembly seat, a former BJP
leader Madhulika Mehta (Independent) and Vijay Kumar Pandey of
Samajwadi Party filed papers for the prestigious Jamshedpur
Currently, Jamshedpur East constituency was being
represented by BJP`s state unit president Raghuvar Das, who
was the labour minister in Babulal Marandi-led government and
finance minister in Arjun Munda-led government in the state.
Das has been representing Jamshedpur East constituency
for the last three assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!