Five children abducted by Maoists return home
Latehar (Jharkhand): All the five boys, who were among the six teenagers abducted by the Maoists recently, have returned home, police said on Saturday.
"While two children returned yesterday, three others reached home today," SP Michael S Raj told reporters here.
Recently, six boys had been abducted from Bandhua village under Heranj police station, with the SP claiming that Maoists were abducting children to help them make IED, and one of those boys had died when the bomb he was handling exploded in Latehar district.
Under pressure from the Maoists, his family members had buried the body immediately, but it was exhumed and sent for post mortem after the police was tipped off the incident.
As the security personnel launched raids after this, the Maoists released the boys under pressure, Raj claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured