Five die in Jharkhand landmine blast
Ranchi: Five people, including two security guards of a private company, died in a landmine blast triggered by Maoists in Jharkhand`s Giridih district, police said Wednesday.
"Two guards of the Security and Intelligence Services (SIS), a driver and two other employees of the company were killed in the landmine blast late Tuesday," Giridih Superintendent of Police A.V. Homkar told reporters.
The vehicle in which the five men were travelling blew up while they were were going to Dumri from Giridih, around 190 km from here. The incident took place near Pandeyadih village.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem examination. The landmine was very powerful as the vehicle was damaged badly, a police officer said.
Combing operations have been launched to arrest the rebels involved in the blast.
The pro-Maoist Peoples` Committee Against Police Atrocities (PCAPA) and its militant wing called for a two-day shutdown ending Wednesday in five states, including Jharkhand, to mourn the recent killing of their supreme commander Sidhu Soren in a shootout in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: World's fastest helicopter that may revolutionise air travel!
- STOP IT! Why it's unfair to dub Angurlata Deka as Assam's 'Hot MLA'
- SHOCKING VIDEO: Argentine footballer dies after being struck in head
- Is this for real? Anushka Sharma – Virat Kohli spotted together with a fan – See pic
- Yes I am upset with Mika: Krushna Abhishek speaks on singer shooting for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'