Five die in Jharkhand landmine blast
Ranchi: Five people, including two security guards of a private company, died in a landmine blast triggered by Maoists in Jharkhand`s Giridih district, police said Wednesday.
"Two guards of the Security and Intelligence Services (SIS), a driver and two other employees of the company were killed in the landmine blast late Tuesday," Giridih Superintendent of Police A.V. Homkar told reporters.
The vehicle in which the five men were travelling blew up while they were were going to Dumri from Giridih, around 190 km from here. The incident took place near Pandeyadih village.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem examination. The landmine was very powerful as the vehicle was damaged badly, a police officer said.
Combing operations have been launched to arrest the rebels involved in the blast.
The pro-Maoist Peoples` Committee Against Police Atrocities (PCAPA) and its militant wing called for a two-day shutdown ending Wednesday in five states, including Jharkhand, to mourn the recent killing of their supreme commander Sidhu Soren in a shootout in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble