Five die in Jharkhand landmine blast
Ranchi: Five people, including two security guards of a private company, died in a landmine blast triggered by Maoists in Jharkhand`s Giridih district, police said Wednesday.
"Two guards of the Security and Intelligence Services (SIS), a driver and two other employees of the company were killed in the landmine blast late Tuesday," Giridih Superintendent of Police A.V. Homkar told reporters.
The vehicle in which the five men were travelling blew up while they were were going to Dumri from Giridih, around 190 km from here. The incident took place near Pandeyadih village.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem examination. The landmine was very powerful as the vehicle was damaged badly, a police officer said.
Combing operations have been launched to arrest the rebels involved in the blast.
The pro-Maoist Peoples` Committee Against Police Atrocities (PCAPA) and its militant wing called for a two-day shutdown ending Wednesday in five states, including Jharkhand, to mourn the recent killing of their supreme commander Sidhu Soren in a shootout in West Bengal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview