Five `extortionists` lynched in Jharkhand
Khunti (Jharkhand): Five men of an alleged extortion gang were on Saturday lynched by villagers of Manhu in the district.
Quoting villagers, Superintendent of Police Amarnath Mishra said the five came to the area around 10 am when they were cornered by villagers and beaten to death with sharp weapons and stones.
The dead were identified as Suraj Mahato (22), Pappu (20), Prem (20), Ram Naik (22) and Mahindra Lal Prasad (42).
Mahato, the alleged gang leader, was recently out on bail, the SP said.
All the five had FIRs against them in connection with murder and extortion, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon