Five `extortionists` lynched in Jharkhand
Khunti (Jharkhand): Five men of an alleged extortion gang were on Saturday lynched by villagers of Manhu in the district.
Quoting villagers, Superintendent of Police Amarnath Mishra said the five came to the area around 10 am when they were cornered by villagers and beaten to death with sharp weapons and stones.
The dead were identified as Suraj Mahato (22), Pappu (20), Prem (20), Ram Naik (22) and Mahindra Lal Prasad (42).
Mahato, the alleged gang leader, was recently out on bail, the SP said.
All the five had FIRs against them in connection with murder and extortion, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed