Five `extortionists` lynched in Jharkhand
Khunti (Jharkhand): Five men of an alleged extortion gang were on Saturday lynched by villagers of Manhu in the district.
Quoting villagers, Superintendent of Police Amarnath Mishra said the five came to the area around 10 am when they were cornered by villagers and beaten to death with sharp weapons and stones.
The dead were identified as Suraj Mahato (22), Pappu (20), Prem (20), Ram Naik (22) and Mahindra Lal Prasad (42).
Mahato, the alleged gang leader, was recently out on bail, the SP said.
All the five had FIRs against them in connection with murder and extortion, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days