Five `extortionists` lynched in Jharkhand
Khunti (Jharkhand): Five men of an alleged extortion gang were on Saturday lynched by villagers of Manhu in the district.
Quoting villagers, Superintendent of Police Amarnath Mishra said the five came to the area around 10 am when they were cornered by villagers and beaten to death with sharp weapons and stones.
The dead were identified as Suraj Mahato (22), Pappu (20), Prem (20), Ram Naik (22) and Mahindra Lal Prasad (42).
Mahato, the alleged gang leader, was recently out on bail, the SP said.
All the five had FIRs against them in connection with murder and extortion, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred