Five `extortionists` lynched in Jharkhand
Khunti (Jharkhand): Five men of an alleged extortion gang were on Saturday lynched by villagers of Manhu in the district.
Quoting villagers, Superintendent of Police Amarnath Mishra said the five came to the area around 10 am when they were cornered by villagers and beaten to death with sharp weapons and stones.
The dead were identified as Suraj Mahato (22), Pappu (20), Prem (20), Ram Naik (22) and Mahindra Lal Prasad (42).
Mahato, the alleged gang leader, was recently out on bail, the SP said.
All the five had FIRs against them in connection with murder and extortion, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS