Five get life sentence for killing woman: Jharkhand
Medininagar: Five men were on Saturday sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court for killing a woman after they branded her as a `witch` in Palamau district.
A District and Sessions Court awarded life sentence to N Chourasia, S Chourasia, Manoj Chourasia, Ajay Chourasia and Audhesh Chourasia for killing Hindya Devi at Budhipir village in Chenpur police station on June 14, 2008.
A sixth accused, Sohiri Devi, has been absconding since the murder of the woman.
The victim`s son Sunil Kumar Chourasia had filed the FIR against the six persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof