Five get life sentence for killing woman: Jharkhand
Medininagar: Five men were on Saturday sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court for killing a woman after they branded her as a `witch` in Palamau district.
A District and Sessions Court awarded life sentence to N Chourasia, S Chourasia, Manoj Chourasia, Ajay Chourasia and Audhesh Chourasia for killing Hindya Devi at Budhipir village in Chenpur police station on June 14, 2008.
A sixth accused, Sohiri Devi, has been absconding since the murder of the woman.
The victim`s son Sunil Kumar Chourasia had filed the FIR against the six persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'