Five get life sentence for killing woman: Jharkhand
Medininagar: Five men were on Saturday sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court for killing a woman after they branded her as a `witch` in Palamau district.
A District and Sessions Court awarded life sentence to N Chourasia, S Chourasia, Manoj Chourasia, Ajay Chourasia and Audhesh Chourasia for killing Hindya Devi at Budhipir village in Chenpur police station on June 14, 2008.
A sixth accused, Sohiri Devi, has been absconding since the murder of the woman.
The victim`s son Sunil Kumar Chourasia had filed the FIR against the six persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Monaco Grand Prix: Daniel Ricciardo secures maiden pole in Monte Carlo
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- IPL 9 Video: This is how Kolkata Knight Riders thank supportive fans!
- Delhi-NCR emerges leader in job creation among 8 cities
- Rahul Gandhi holds 'Mashal Juloos' protest against AAP govt; attempts to corner PM Modi