Five get life sentence for killing woman: Jharkhand
Medininagar: Five men were on Saturday sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court for killing a woman after they branded her as a `witch` in Palamau district.
A District and Sessions Court awarded life sentence to N Chourasia, S Chourasia, Manoj Chourasia, Ajay Chourasia and Audhesh Chourasia for killing Hindya Devi at Budhipir village in Chenpur police station on June 14, 2008.
A sixth accused, Sohiri Devi, has been absconding since the murder of the woman.
The victim`s son Sunil Kumar Chourasia had filed the FIR against the six persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation