Five Jharkhand police officials sacked
Ranchi: The Jharkhand government has terminated the services of five police officers appointed through illegal means by the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) in 2007, says an official statement.
All four are of deputy superintendent of police rank. They were sacked after the vigilance bureau found that the officials were appointed in a wrong way, the home department notification said late Tuesday.
The sacked officials are Radha Prem Kishore, Mukesh Kumar Mahto, Shivendra, Harihar Singh Munda and Ravi Kumar Kujur.
While Radha Prem Kishore is the brother of Jharkhand Congress spokesperson Radha Krishan Kishore, Mukesh Kumar Mahto is the brother of former deputy chief minister and president of the All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU) Sudesh Mahto.
On August 4, the state government sacked nine administrative officials on the same charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back