Five Maoists arrested from Jharkhand
Garhwa: Five hardcore
Maoists, including four accused in the January 21 landmine
blast that had killed 13 policemen at Bariganwa forest, were
arrested during a three-day anti-naxal operation in Garhwa
district, police said on Wednesday.
"They were arrested from Chatania and Parswar villages
during the operation that ended yesterday. Four of them were
named in the FIR in connection with the Bariganwa landmine
blast," Superintendent of Police Michael Raj and Commandant R
K Dagar of CRPF`s 172nd battalion told reporters.
Arjun Yadav alias Arjan, Mohan Yadav, Surendra Prasad,
Manish Prasad Gupta were the Maoists who were named in the FIR
soon after the Bariganwa landmine blast, they said adding the
fifth Maoist, Deb Sagar Yadav, was also allegedly involved in
All of them belong to Garhwa district, "and are wanted
in murder and kidnapping incidents in Jharkhand and
Their interrogation gave vital information on Maoist
activities, the police officials, who led the joint operation,
CRPF, district armed police and CoBRA jawans were
involved in the anti-naxal operation.
On January 21, Maoists had blown up an anti-landmine
vehicle killing the policemen and had kidnapped Garhwa Zilla
Parishad chairperson Susma Mehta, her security guard and two
The rebels let off all of them later on.
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district
- Major blow to Nawaz govt as US asks Pakistan to make ‘full payment’ for F-16 fighter jets
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala