Five ultras surrender in Jharkhand
Khunti (Jharkhand): Three Maoists and two
ultras of the People’s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) today
laid down arms before the police here.
PLFI’s `area commander` Sundar Pahan alias Nageshwar,
his associate Arjun Singh and Maoists Ranjit Bodra, Rohit
Oraon and Narua Tirkey surrendered before the Superintendent
of Police M Tamilvanan here.
They deposited four country-made guns, one 9 mm pistol
and five IEDs, each weighing 20 kg, the SP said.
He said the ultras would get benefits as per the
This is the first surrender of ultras in the state this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends