Focus is on poor and not investors, says Arjun Munda
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun
Munda said he would prevent mindless exploitation of natural
resources of the state which had been allowed by previous
The government`s priority would be to focus on
development and upliftment of population below the poverty
line and his government would not chase investors.
Munda said, ``As our natural resources are valuable,
so we will only invite those people who will assure us that
they will be partners in progress.``
Asked to explain what he meant by `partners in
progress`, he said that those investors, who would engage in
development activities and help develop skills of people,
would be welcome.
``And those whose motive is only to loot the natural
resources of the poor state, will not be permitted to invest
He favoured a balanced economic growth of the state with
other parts of the country.
Claiming that a majority of families belonging to tribal
communities were living below the poverty line, Munda said
development of each citizen would only be considered a true
The poor or the tribals, whose land would be used by any
investor in the state, would be entitled to not only monetary
compensation, but their skills had to be developed and they
should be suitably employed in the upcoming venture, Munda
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'