Focus on govt formation only after Soren`s trust vote: Marandi
Ranchi: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric)
on Saturday said its pre-poll alliance with Congress was
"rock-solid" and any decision on government formation would be
taken only after the May 31 trust vote by Chief Minister Shibu
"We are pre-poll allies and consultations are on. Only
after May 31 can we think it over," JVM(P) chief Babulal
Marandi said when asked whether he was exploring any
possibility of government formation.
Congress has 14 MLAs in the 82-member Assembly, while
JVM(P) has 11.
Marandi, a former chief minister, claimed that Soren would
not be able to prove his majority on the floor of the Assembly
as directed by the Governor after BJP withdrew support from
the coalition on May 24.
He said if his alliance came to power it would order a
probe into the wealth of all former and incumbent ministers
"to know the unaccounted money that changed hands during fall
and transfer of governments all these years."
"All parties have had a role in the political instability
in Jharkhand ever since my government was dethroned in 2003,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'