Focus on govt formation only after Soren`s trust vote: Marandi
Ranchi: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric)
on Saturday said its pre-poll alliance with Congress was
"rock-solid" and any decision on government formation would be
taken only after the May 31 trust vote by Chief Minister Shibu
"We are pre-poll allies and consultations are on. Only
after May 31 can we think it over," JVM(P) chief Babulal
Marandi said when asked whether he was exploring any
possibility of government formation.
Congress has 14 MLAs in the 82-member Assembly, while
JVM(P) has 11.
Marandi, a former chief minister, claimed that Soren would
not be able to prove his majority on the floor of the Assembly
as directed by the Governor after BJP withdrew support from
the coalition on May 24.
He said if his alliance came to power it would order a
probe into the wealth of all former and incumbent ministers
"to know the unaccounted money that changed hands during fall
and transfer of governments all these years."
"All parties have had a role in the political instability
in Jharkhand ever since my government was dethroned in 2003,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test