Focus on leader of Maoists during encounters: Home Secy
Medininagar: Union Home Secretary RK Singh on Friday advised paramilitary forces to focus on Maoist leaders in their operations.
Singh, who inspected a CRPF camp at Chak village, said no stone would be left unturned in ending left-wing extremism.
He also sought shoes, sweaters and uniforms used by the security forces in anti-Maoist operations for checking their quality.
The Commandant of the 134th Battalion of the CRPF, Anil Minz, gave a power point presentation to the union government officials.
Singh expressed surprise at learning from villagers that the market at Chak was closed for about six months from October of 2009 following Maoist diktat, despite the presence of security personnel.
Singh also sought to know from the villagers whether they have benefited from central welfare projects.
He laid the foundation stone for a 100 KV transformer at the Maoist-affected village.
He was accompanied by CRPF DGP Pranay Sahay, Additional Secretary Rajesh Sharma (Naxal Management), Jharkhand police chief Rajeev Kumar and state Home Secretary JB Tubid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state