Focus on leader of Maoists during encounters: Home Secy
Medininagar: Union Home Secretary RK Singh on Friday advised paramilitary forces to focus on Maoist leaders in their operations.
Singh, who inspected a CRPF camp at Chak village, said no stone would be left unturned in ending left-wing extremism.
He also sought shoes, sweaters and uniforms used by the security forces in anti-Maoist operations for checking their quality.
The Commandant of the 134th Battalion of the CRPF, Anil Minz, gave a power point presentation to the union government officials.
Singh expressed surprise at learning from villagers that the market at Chak was closed for about six months from October of 2009 following Maoist diktat, despite the presence of security personnel.
Singh also sought to know from the villagers whether they have benefited from central welfare projects.
He laid the foundation stone for a 100 KV transformer at the Maoist-affected village.
He was accompanied by CRPF DGP Pranay Sahay, Additional Secretary Rajesh Sharma (Naxal Management), Jharkhand police chief Rajeev Kumar and state Home Secretary JB Tubid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH