Focus on leader of Maoists during encounters: Home Secy
Medininagar: Union Home Secretary RK Singh on Friday advised paramilitary forces to focus on Maoist leaders in their operations.
Singh, who inspected a CRPF camp at Chak village, said no stone would be left unturned in ending left-wing extremism.
He also sought shoes, sweaters and uniforms used by the security forces in anti-Maoist operations for checking their quality.
The Commandant of the 134th Battalion of the CRPF, Anil Minz, gave a power point presentation to the union government officials.
Singh expressed surprise at learning from villagers that the market at Chak was closed for about six months from October of 2009 following Maoist diktat, despite the presence of security personnel.
Singh also sought to know from the villagers whether they have benefited from central welfare projects.
He laid the foundation stone for a 100 KV transformer at the Maoist-affected village.
He was accompanied by CRPF DGP Pranay Sahay, Additional Secretary Rajesh Sharma (Naxal Management), Jharkhand police chief Rajeev Kumar and state Home Secretary JB Tubid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed