Focus on leader of Maoists during encounters: Home Secy
Medininagar: Union Home Secretary RK Singh on Friday advised paramilitary forces to focus on Maoist leaders in their operations.
Singh, who inspected a CRPF camp at Chak village, said no stone would be left unturned in ending left-wing extremism.
He also sought shoes, sweaters and uniforms used by the security forces in anti-Maoist operations for checking their quality.
The Commandant of the 134th Battalion of the CRPF, Anil Minz, gave a power point presentation to the union government officials.
Singh expressed surprise at learning from villagers that the market at Chak was closed for about six months from October of 2009 following Maoist diktat, despite the presence of security personnel.
Singh also sought to know from the villagers whether they have benefited from central welfare projects.
He laid the foundation stone for a 100 KV transformer at the Maoist-affected village.
He was accompanied by CRPF DGP Pranay Sahay, Additional Secretary Rajesh Sharma (Naxal Management), Jharkhand police chief Rajeev Kumar and state Home Secretary JB Tubid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Britain pressured for quick EU split as Brexit impact begins
- Debris in Tanzania to be examined for link to missing MH370: Report
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?