Focus on youth, to keep them off Maoist influence in J`khand
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Aiming to keep the youth away from Maoist influence in the worst affected villages of Hazaribagh district, Rs 5.83 crore was released under a Centrally-sponsored programme for their skill training, a senior official said here on Tuesday.
Rs 5.33 crore was released for construction of a centre for ITI training along with hostel, equipment and machinery facilities while Rs 50 lakh was released for setting up two skill development centres, Deputy Commissioner Manish Ranjan said.
Funds were released under the "Swarna Jayanti Swarojgar Yojana," he said adding Sarwaha, Pakri Barwadih and Bara villages were selected for construction of the centres.
"Both long term and short term trainings will be provided to the rural youth by experts to prepare them for employment and self-employment," he said adding a total of 120 persons would be trained.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents