Focus on youth, to keep them off Maoist influence in J`khand
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Aiming to keep the youth away from Maoist influence in the worst affected villages of Hazaribagh district, Rs 5.83 crore was released under a Centrally-sponsored programme for their skill training, a senior official said here on Tuesday.
Rs 5.33 crore was released for construction of a centre for ITI training along with hostel, equipment and machinery facilities while Rs 50 lakh was released for setting up two skill development centres, Deputy Commissioner Manish Ranjan said.
Funds were released under the "Swarna Jayanti Swarojgar Yojana," he said adding Sarwaha, Pakri Barwadih and Bara villages were selected for construction of the centres.
"Both long term and short term trainings will be provided to the rural youth by experts to prepare them for employment and self-employment," he said adding a total of 120 persons would be trained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack