Forces watching Maoist movement at Jhumra Hills
Bokaro: Maoist movement is being watched through helicopter surveillance over the Jhumra Hills in Bokaro district as massive combing operation is continuing in the foothills, a senior police officer said on Thursday.
"A massive search operation by the CRPF/state police in the Jhumra Hills is continuing. We are watching their movement and their hideouts through helicopter surveillance," Deputy Inspector General of Police (Bokaro) Laxman Prasad
Singh said here.
The stepped up operation has come after the Maoists had killed two CoBRA jawans and wounded three security men during the encounter on Tuesday near Amman jungles of Jhumra Hills.
"The security men also saw their bullets hitting some Maoists (on Tuesday), but the ultras took them away under cover of darkness, he claimed adding a Maoist camp was busted after the gunfight.
Police forces in bordering districts of Hazaribagh and Giridih had been asked to join the operation from their sides to surround the rebels, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation