Forest guards forced to do sit-ups for molesting g
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Two forest guards were forced to do a hundred sit-ups by villagers for allegedly molesting two girls in Muru village in Latehar.
The two girls had gone to collect firewood from the jungle when forest guards Bansi Yadav and Chatu Bhuiyan allegedly molested them yesterday, sources in forest department said.
The girls, however, managed to escape and informed the incident to their relatives.
A large number of villagers assembled and convened a panchayat to discuss the issue. The forest guards were also brought there.
Betla Forest Ranger Nathuni Singh apologised to the villagers and assured them of of probing the incident and take departmental action against the duo.
The villagers agreed to set the duo free but only after they were forced to do sit ups for a hundred times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees