Forest guards forced to do sit-ups for molesting g
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Two forest guards were forced to do a hundred sit-ups by villagers for allegedly molesting two girls in Muru village in Latehar.
The two girls had gone to collect firewood from the jungle when forest guards Bansi Yadav and Chatu Bhuiyan allegedly molested them yesterday, sources in forest department said.
The girls, however, managed to escape and informed the incident to their relatives.
A large number of villagers assembled and convened a panchayat to discuss the issue. The forest guards were also brought there.
Betla Forest Ranger Nathuni Singh apologised to the villagers and assured them of of probing the incident and take departmental action against the duo.
The villagers agreed to set the duo free but only after they were forced to do sit ups for a hundred times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city