Formation of govt in Jharkhand is up to Cong: JMM
Bokaro: JMM leader Hemant Soren on Wednesday said formation of government in Jharkhand is up to the Congress.
"Formation of government depends on the Congress and if there is no such intention on the part of the Congress then the Assembly should be dissolved," Soren told reporters on the last day of the JMM`s two-day meeting.
JMM`s general secretary Suprio Bhattacharya said the party would take crucial decisions during its three-day convention beginning September 13.
The leaders reiterated that the party would contest the next Assembly elections all alone.
The JMM withdrew support to the BJP-led government on January 8, hoping the Congress would support it in the formation of a new government.
But the central rule was imposed on January 18 after no party came forward to give an alternative government in the state, where the polls are scheduled next year end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what