Formation of govt in Jharkhand is up to Cong: JMM
Bokaro: JMM leader Hemant Soren on Wednesday said formation of government in Jharkhand is up to the Congress.
"Formation of government depends on the Congress and if there is no such intention on the part of the Congress then the Assembly should be dissolved," Soren told reporters on the last day of the JMM`s two-day meeting.
JMM`s general secretary Suprio Bhattacharya said the party would take crucial decisions during its three-day convention beginning September 13.
The leaders reiterated that the party would contest the next Assembly elections all alone.
The JMM withdrew support to the BJP-led government on January 8, hoping the Congress would support it in the formation of a new government.
But the central rule was imposed on January 18 after no party came forward to give an alternative government in the state, where the polls are scheduled next year end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- PM Modi condoles former Singapore President Nathan's death
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'
- Watch: Pune bakery workers forced to do sit-ups for refusing to pay donation for Ganesh festival
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam