Formation of govt in Jharkhand is up to Cong: JMM
Bokaro: JMM leader Hemant Soren on Wednesday said formation of government in Jharkhand is up to the Congress.
"Formation of government depends on the Congress and if there is no such intention on the part of the Congress then the Assembly should be dissolved," Soren told reporters on the last day of the JMM`s two-day meeting.
JMM`s general secretary Suprio Bhattacharya said the party would take crucial decisions during its three-day convention beginning September 13.
The leaders reiterated that the party would contest the next Assembly elections all alone.
The JMM withdrew support to the BJP-led government on January 8, hoping the Congress would support it in the formation of a new government.
But the central rule was imposed on January 18 after no party came forward to give an alternative government in the state, where the polls are scheduled next year end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra