Formation of govt in Jharkhand is up to Cong: JMM
Bokaro (Jharkhand): JMM leader Hemant Soren on Wednesday said formation of government in Jharkhand is up to the Congress.
"Formation of government depends on the Congress and if there is no such intention on the part of the Congress then the Assembly should be dissolved," Soren told reporters on the last day of the JMM`s two-day meeting here.
JMM`s general secretary Suprio Bhattacharya said the party would take crucial decisions during its three-day convention beginning September 13.
The leaders reiterated that the party would contest the next Assembly elections all alone.
The JMM withdrew support to the BJP-led government on January 8, hoping the Congress would support it in the formation of a new government.
But the central rule was imposed on January 18 after no party came forward to give an alternative government in the state, where the polls are scheduled next year end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan