Formation of govt in Jharkhand is up to Cong: JMM
Bokaro (Jharkhand): JMM leader Hemant Soren on Wednesday said formation of government in Jharkhand is up to the Congress.
"Formation of government depends on the Congress and if there is no such intention on the part of the Congress then the Assembly should be dissolved," Soren told reporters on the last day of the JMM`s two-day meeting here.
JMM`s general secretary Suprio Bhattacharya said the party would take crucial decisions during its three-day convention beginning September 13.
The leaders reiterated that the party would contest the next Assembly elections all alone.
The JMM withdrew support to the BJP-led government on January 8, hoping the Congress would support it in the formation of a new government.
But the central rule was imposed on January 18 after no party came forward to give an alternative government in the state, where the polls are scheduled next year end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened