Former Maoists file nominations on RJD, JMM tickets
Medininagar: Two former Maoists,
now in Latehar jail, filed their nomination papers for the
Jharkhand assembly elections on RJD and JMM tickets today.
Keshwar Yadav and Jugal Pal, the self-styled zonal
commanders of CPI(Maoist), were arrested a couple of years ago
and lodged in Latehar jail.
While RJD allotted a ticket to Yadav for Panki
constituency, JMM has fielded Pal from Bishrampur seat.
Both the seats are in Palamu district.
The duo were brought amid tight security here for filing
their nominations, official sources said.
In the May Lok Sabha elections, JMM had fielded another
former Maoist, Kameshwar Baitha, who won from Palamau. He is
now lodged in Garwah jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites