Former Maoists file nominations on RJD, JMM tickets
Medininagar: Two former Maoists,
now in Latehar jail, filed their nomination papers for the
Jharkhand assembly elections on RJD and JMM tickets today.
Keshwar Yadav and Jugal Pal, the self-styled zonal
commanders of CPI(Maoist), were arrested a couple of years ago
and lodged in Latehar jail.
While RJD allotted a ticket to Yadav for Panki
constituency, JMM has fielded Pal from Bishrampur seat.
Both the seats are in Palamu district.
The duo were brought amid tight security here for filing
their nominations, official sources said.
In the May Lok Sabha elections, JMM had fielded another
former Maoist, Kameshwar Baitha, who won from Palamau. He is
now lodged in Garwah jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy