Former Maoists file nominations on RJD, JMM tickets
Medininagar: Two former Maoists,
now in Latehar jail, filed their nomination papers for the
Jharkhand assembly elections on RJD and JMM tickets today.
Keshwar Yadav and Jugal Pal, the self-styled zonal
commanders of CPI(Maoist), were arrested a couple of years ago
and lodged in Latehar jail.
While RJD allotted a ticket to Yadav for Panki
constituency, JMM has fielded Pal from Bishrampur seat.
Both the seats are in Palamu district.
The duo were brought amid tight security here for filing
their nominations, official sources said.
In the May Lok Sabha elections, JMM had fielded another
former Maoist, Kameshwar Baitha, who won from Palamau. He is
now lodged in Garwah jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal