Four charred to death in Jharkhand
Ranchi: At least four people were charred to death in a car in Jharkhand`s Hazaribagh district Saturday, police said.
According to police the car was found on the National Highway near Padaria village situated in the district, about 110 km from the state capital Ranchi.
Locals informed the police about the incident in the morning.
"Four people have been charred to death. The bodies are beyond recognition. We cannot even identify whether they are men or women. We have called a forensic team and dog squad to carry out investigation," a police officer said.
"There are two possibilities, either these people were locked inside the car and petrol was poured on it and they were burnt to death or, they were killed somewhere else and brought in the car and burnt to mitigate the evidence," the officer added.
Police are also trying to trace the owner of the car. The dead bodies have been sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'